Embellish magazine aims to fuse fashion, fantasy and art into everyday wearables and other items.
Each issue is an inspiring mix of articles, artist profiles and techniques.
Across the issues, expect to see a range of projects including dye processes; fabric manipulation; knit and/or crochet embellished finishes; couture techniques; hand embellishing; machine embellishing; prints; custom designs; repurposed textiles and textile applications incorporating fabric, yarn, felt and/or fibre.
This issue, published December 2018, features inspiration from CHINA. Embellish is published each March, June, September and December.
- Artist Profile: Margaret Lee – by Margaret Lee
- Artist Profile: Marion Dawson – by Marion Dawson
- Reader Postcard Challenge – by Lynda Worthington
- Wild Women – by Helen Basch
- A Visit to Minority Groups in South West China: An Interview with Val Darby – by Barbara Mullan
- A Story of Bespoke Art Furniture – by Michelle and Ryan Mischkulnig
- Shanghai Vessel – by Dale Rollerson
- Chinese Knots – by Muriel Farquhar
- Resists with more Twists (part 2) – by Anne Mitchell
- Concepts of China – by Marion Dawson
- Lotus Bud – by Margaret Lee
- “Harmony is Precious” Chinese Scroll – by Penny Eamer
- Silk Circle – by Lynda Worthington