I am committed to making small changes in my business to reduce my impact on the plant.
I believe if we all make small changes, those changes will add up to big changes.
The changes I have made to make my business environmentally more sustainable:
- Minimising my use of electricity. I do not use the air conditioning or heating in the shop. I now use a heated blanket on the coldest days and fans on the hotter days.
- I have reduce my electricity consumption by removing the bar fridge and switching off the power at the switchboard at night.
- I do not import from overseas suppliers. Apart from Ashford NZ.
- I only buy from Australian wholesalers who import in large quantities, reducing travel miles on products.
- I make every effort to choose my stock with a preference to manufactured here in Australia.
- I do not purchase plastic carry bags or packaging. I recycle what I can of the plastic that enters the shop.
- I stock and prioritise to stock recycled yarns.
- I do not endorse consumerism and encourage my customers not to build yarn stashes, which leads to over production.
I am committed to learning how I can as a business be gentle on our planet.