Since giving up the socials, I’m finding so many benefits. After the first week I wasn’t feeling the itch to check in anymore.
These are the benefits I have found:
- Improved mental health Giving up social media has improved my mental well-being. I’m no longer comparing myself and my business to others and more content with where I am in life.
- More free time: Social media was a time-consuming activity, and giving it up has freed up time for other activities such as sitting outside and chatting to others and designing more.
- Increased productivity: Without the distraction of social media, I have found I am more focused and productive.
- Better sleep: Giving up social media has improved my sleep I’m no longer on my phone before sleeping. Taking onboard all that extra anxiety from reading social media dramas.
- Stronger relationships: I have been building deeper connections with friends, customers and family in person, emails, direct messaging and calling more often.
- Reduced FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out): Giving up social media has reduced my anxiety and I am more content with my life.
Overall, giving up social media has given me a sense of freedom, increased contentment, freed up time and I feel more connected to those around me.
I’ve not seen any decline in my business. In reality I feel more connected to my customers. And I’m finding many of my customers do not use socials either.
Why not give it a try yourself? It does take a couple of weeks before the itch subsides but the benefits are worth it.