I recently came across a group on Facebook called Random Acts of crochet Kindness Australia.
Knowing how good it is for my mental health to think and do nice things for others. I want to give it a go.
This little owl is a project I made to teach Amigurumi in the shop. He’s a sweet little fellow.
The magic of the Internet and YouTube allows me to show you how to make one too!
Little Owl – UK terms
- 8ply yarn
- 3.5mm hook
- Goggle eyes
- Tapestry needle
- Toy stuff
Little owl is worked in a spiral 🌀 . Rounds are not joined.
If making for a small child replace googlie eyes with stitching
- Dc – double crochet
- MR – magic ring
Begin with a magic ring,
Round 1 – work 6 dc into ring
Round 2 – work 2dc into each dc around. (12 sts)
Round 3 – (1dc, 2dc) rep ( ) around (18 sts)
Round 4 – (1dc, 1dc, 2dc) repeat ( ) around (24 sts)
Round 5 – 15 – dc in each dc around (24)
Finish with a slip stitch. Leave a 30cm tail to close head.
- Stuff owl.
- Sew opening closed with tail.
- Using yarn tail to shape owl. Stitch through the center of head to bottom. Pull to shape owl. Secure and bury end,
- Stitch beak in center of face.
- Glue google eyes either side of beak,
- Make ear tufts by pulling 3 lengths off yarn doubled through corner of head. Pull tails through and tighten, trim.