Do you keep a journal or diary? Is it the focus of your day? Or like me, do you struggle to remember to open it?
A diary just doesn’t sing to me on it’s own. Since I started to combining my love of colour and play into my journal and diaries, I’ve found them much more engaging. And because they are now fun, I’m opening them each day and staying on track and being more productive.
Sounds counter intuitive that increasing my play with help me be more focused on getting work done. For me it is working. I’m loving opening my diary each day, adding some colour and play to it as I make my to do list happen.
I make my background pages ahead of time, so they are dry when I want to use them. The video below shows a technique I use often.
- Water Colour paints
- A journal with heavy weight paper
- Perspex Block as used in stamping.
- Lay out pages to be ‘splated”
- Paint block with water, add water colour paints as desired.
- Stamp the water colour onto your page.
- Repeat with other colours to build up an attractive background.
- Let dry before adding additional element to the page.