- 4mm hook
- 3 balls of King Cole Curiosity DK approx 1500m
- tapestry needle
- ch/s – chain/s
- tr – treble
- dc – double crochet
- st/s- stitch/es
- Fptr – Front Post Treble
Blanket: 100cm square
- To vary the size the starting chain needs to be a multiple of 3 plus 2 stitches.
- Turning ch does not count as a stitch, work first tr of each row in base of turning chain.
- A dishcloth is a great way to test out the pattern.
Row 1: Ch 137 skip first 2 sts and make a tr in every st. Ch2 turn.(135 tr)
Row 2: Make a tr in the 1st st. Make a fptr around the 2nd tr of previous row ( 1 tr into next 2 st, make a fptr around the next tr of previous row ) repeat until last st, tr. Ch2 turn.
Row 3: Tr in first two sts ( fptr in next 2 sts, 1tr) repeat until last st, tr. Ch2 turn.
Row 4: Tr in first st, fptr in second st (tr in next 2 sts, 1 fptr) repeat until last st, tr
Repeat rows 3 & 4 until length desired. Ending with Row 4. Do not cut yarn. Turn blanket 45 degrees and begin border.
- Working sides: dc in the end of each row
- Working corners: work 3 dc
- Working ends: dc in each st.
- Work four dc rounds
- Final round: (ch2, 2 tr in same space, sk2 st, sl st) repeat around. Fudging a little to fit the last repeat.
Help Support my little yarn shop by purchasing the yarn for this project HERE
or if making dishcloths THIS yarn is a perfect choice