Today I have released my latest class Felted Yarn Bowls.
This class is perfect for a beginner who has never tried felting before.
You will need
- old towels
- hot water and access to water.
- soap and detergent
- large bowl
- bottle with a sprinkle top – Powerade bottles work well
- resist material.
- 70 grams of Corriedale wool fibre batt or slivers, split into two 35 grams
- lots of soft plastic to use for blocking.
- a waterproof apron, if you prefer not to get wet
- netting fabric
- bubble wrap
- kitchen scales
- Give yourself a good four hours.
- Felting requires a good amount of physical work.
- Work at a bench which is a suitable height.
- Use your whole body, not just your arms in the felting. Move from the hips rather than the shoulders.
- Ensure the area is suitable to have water spilled.
- Be mindful of any slipping hazards.
- Ensure water is not that hot it will burn.